Tuesday, July 7, 2009

A day like all days...

I write this from OHSU's Casey Eye Institute. Patrick is having surgery as I write to correct his strabismus (crossed eyes), which was diagnosed 20 years ago. He and I are both asking the question, "Why wasn't this taken care of then?" I don't have answers, but I do have faith in his surgeon, and we expect a good outcome. In fact, the surgeon told him that he won't even need to wear contact lenses when it is finished.

We (Jill and I) are in the waiting room, but Katie went back to the prep area with Pat. The surgeon told us that the procedure takes about 45 minutes. That, of course, doesn't include prep and recovery time. It is a day surgery, and Pat will be going home with us. I suspect he and Katie will go back to Monmouth this evening. If I were the patient, I would want to recuperate in my own home, rather than at my parents' house!

This has been a full day. Pat and I played 9 holes of golf this morning at a par 3 course near my home. It was neck and neck in a see-saw battle, until the old man quadruple bogied the 9th!! It was the pressure, man...

After the golf game, we did a little geo-caching. Things didn't seem right and we didn't find the cache. When we got home, it turns out that the GPS co-ordinates we were using were given in degrees, minutes and tenths of minutes, whereas our GPS reads out in degrees, minutes and seconds. The difference in notation put us off target by something like a mile!! That is not conducive to successful geo-caching.

Today is Jill's and my 8th wedding anniversary. Pat and I stopped by Safeway on the way back to the house to pick up a dozen red roses. They made a hit and bought me a few husband points. So, this has been an eventful day so far, and it is just now 1:36 PM! I think I'll go rest now.

1 comment:

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

I have been a little slow on my blog reading...so doing a little catch up. Happy Anniversary...way late! And like you really need any husband point. Please!