Sunday, January 17, 2010

Moving right along


The kitchen remodel is coming along splendidly. Last Wednesday, I started setting tile. It has gone amazingly well. The tile saw I bought for $79 works quite well for this sized project and this sized tile. I'm not sure it would work so well for 16"X16" tiles!!

Last week was one of those weeks that just kept filling with things to do. On Tuesday, I took Mom to the dentist, which took much longer than anticipated, by either of us. On Wednesday, I just got started setting tile, when a coffee date with one of my best pals came up. Thursday, I got a little more done, but then I had a coffee date with my mentee, or protege, or whatever the appropriate word is (the young man whom I mentor.) Friday, I had a breakfast date with a bunch of retirees from the dental group I worked for some 23 years.

To say the least, progress has been steady, but it has gone in fits and starts. Today, I finished setting the tiles for the main counter backsplash. I still need to redo the backsplash on the bar and the built in buffet. The sum of those two projects represents less area than the part I have already finished. Actually, finished is not quite accurate. Tomorrow, I plan to grout the tiles I have already set. That will be followed by sealing the grout and the decorative stone stripe. THEN it will be finished.

I have included a slide show of the progress. Click the photo.

No comments: