Monday, December 6, 2010

Big news!!

Oh, happy day! Our son, Patrick, called this afternoon to tell us that his wife, Katie, is expecting a baby come next August. We are thrilled for them...and for us.

I must admit that I was unsure how to react, at first. It was my understanding that the kids were planning to be pregnant at this time next year, after Pat has finished his masters degree. I am afraid I didn't gush enough, when he told me the news.

What was really fun is the fact that I had planned to go to Patrick's school to watch him coach basketball this evening. After we got the great news, and Pat told us that Katie would be at the game, Jill decided to go with me. That was a great thing, because Katie was bubbling over with excitement and needed a woman to share with. I would have been a woefully inadequate, although sympathetic ear for her.

So, that's the big news. We will continue to offer updates as things develop.

No comments: