Thursday, April 9, 2009

Easter weekend is upon us!

Our Bible study group just left, after a wonderfully stimulating session of Focus on the Family's Truth Project. This group is really committed to each other, and we have very frank discussions about what we learn, no matter what the topic. Jill is in Denver, visiting Tara, so I was the sole host. Fortunately, the Davises brought strawberries and ice cream, so I didn't have to provide a treat.

Tomorrow, I will have coffee in the morning with Mike, one of the guys in our group. He is one of most well-read people I have ever known. He is an inspiration. It is fun just to sit and talk with him, because he knows so much about so many things.

In the afternoon, I will be meeting with my protege, Terry. A couple of months ago, he asked me to be his mentor. He is a man of about 34 years, and he is a little different. He is a very small guy, who grew up with severe heart trouble, which has left him somewhat stunted in his growth. He also speaks very slowly and deliberately. Some people might find his demeanor a bit off-putting, but I like Terry very much. He loves the Lord and longs to move from his position in the offices of Campus Crusade for Christ to a college campus where he could share the gospel with college kids. I look forward to my meetings with him, because he is very thoughtful and asks great questions.

The weekend promises to be a blessing, as I will be presenting the second in my series of lessons on the biblical design for the family. The presentation is part of a four part series that I am presenting to the young singles' group. My hope is that some of these people will one day marry and begin families that are based on the biblical principles which God has given us.

Of course, Sunday is Easter, the highest holy day of the Christian faith. I am so sorry that Jill will not be here to celebrate with me. On the other hand, tomorrow is Good Friday, and I am going to watch "The Passion" all by myself. I want to remind myself what my Lord went through on my behalf. It is so easy to forget what a miracle His birth, death and resurrection were and are.

He is risen. He is risen, indeed. Happy Easter to all.

No comments: