Monday, April 13, 2009

Making lemonade from lemons...

Easter is past, but thank God, the resurrection lives on forever. I had a wonderful Easter day. Jill has been in Taos, NM with Tara, so I had to fend for myself. First order of business was Easter day worship service. That was at 9:00 AM. I got to the church early, because I was concerned about a crowd in the parking lot. Friends were in the narthex, and while we were visiting, I mentioned that Jill was out of town. They immediately invited me to join them and 20 of their family members for Easter dinner. It was a lovely potluck.

But I am getting ahead of myself. After the worship service, which was very moving, I spent an hour teaching in the Ignite singles' group. This is a group of 20-30 something single people. They are young; they are fun; they know their Bibles; and they are hungry for God's word. I have been presenting the Biblical view of God's design for families. Although this material is not new, it is pretty countercultural. The Ignite group has been very open to hearing it, and it has been a blessing to have the privilege of presenting it to them.

In the afternoon, after returning from the Fowlers' gracious invitation to dinner, I got to do some instant messaging with my beautiful wife. She and Tara had a lovely Easter service at the Presbyterian church in Taos. Per her report, there were traditional Easter hymns and a stimulating message. They went to lunch afterwards and then did more exploring of the town. I can't wait to see Jill tomorrow and to get a first hand report!

No comments: