Monday, December 8, 2008

A weekend full...

Oh, how the time flies! I haven't posted in several days, and I would like to say that I have been too busy to post, but usually, that is just a weak excuse. Let's see now, Saturday was a good day. I spent most of the day working in my shop, and Jill spent most of the day working in the kitchen. In the afternoon we took Pogo for a walk.

Yesterday WAS pretty busy. We went to the nine o'clock worship service. During the service, my phone rang...how embarrassing. I shut it off, but when the service was over I found a message. It was from one of our premarital counselees who was in need of some assistance. We ended up staying after church and meeting with this lovely couple for a couple of hours. They have hit a very rough spot in their relationship and needed a sounding board.

After we finished our meeting, we had just enough time to dash home and have a small bite to eat. Then we picked up Mom and headed back to the church. Mind you, it is fifteen miles one-way to the church. And it is eight miles in the other direction to Mom's house. So, a fair piece of the day was spent driving. Our reason for returning to the church was to uphold the tradition we have had for several years of taking Mom to the annual Christmas play and then out to dinner. Only in this case, we had dinner back at our house. Jill had made a wonderful lasagna...in the crockpot!! We had a Caesar salad along with the pasta and lemon cake for dessert. I don't think we could have found a better meal at a restaurant. We dropped Mom back at her house about quarter to ten and then headed home to rest.

Today was a work day. We picked up the motor home from the storage facility and brought it home so we could load it for a couple of days of "camping." I did some more elf work, and Jill went next door to babysit the two little ones, while big sister went to her dance lesson. When she returned, we took the motor home to the mechanic, so he can change the oil and service the generator tomorrow morning, before we go camping. The evening has been filled with Christmas carols played on guitar and piano...well, actually Jill was playing the piano, and I horned in with my guitar. It was fun, but we are not ready to quit our day jobs, even if we had any.

No comments: