Saturday, June 6, 2009

It's good to be home...

Today is our first full day home from a 4 week road trip in out motor home. See our blog Travels With Sadie for a full account of the trip, with photos! We spent yesterday afternoon unloading the coach and doing laundry.

I didn't want too much grass to grow under my feet, so this morning I ripped out our kitchen counters...well 2/3 of them. The new ones are to be installed on Tuesday, so the old ones had to be out of the way. I left the counter with the sink in place, so we can use water in the kitchen until Monday evening. Then I will dismantle that one, and by day's end on Tuesday, we will have new counters. I hope I can also have all the plumbing reintstalled by then, as well.

My big brother, Charlie, is in town, staying with Mom for the weekend. Oddly enough, his wife and developmentally disabled daughter, Laura, are also in town, but not with him. They rode down on the train from Seattle with a group of disabled folks to see the Grand Floral Parade, the centerpiece of the Portland Rose Festival. The group stayed in a hotel last night and had reserved seats for the parade this morning. There is nothing that Laura likes better than a parade.

Charlie came down to visit Mom and help her with some household projects. They are coming for dinner in a little while. So, wrath and destruction in the morning, and a little family reunion in the evening. That's what I call a good day!

6 comments:

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

Where are the pictures....we have been 4 weeks together and pictures almost every day. Why not any construction pictures? I am hurt! ;P

Tom said...

Boy, I tell you. This is a hard room. One day without pictures and you get panned by the critics!!

JillW said...

It's my fault that there aren't pics! I had meant to take some "before" shots and completely forgot. I promise to take some of the process and the finished product. Our old ones are in pieces on the front porch now. Not terribly photo-worthy....we are so excited to get something new!

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

I am sure you are having a hard time keeping up! Did Tom even sit down and relax a moment upon returning back home? He is letting no grass grow under his feet! It is so exciting to get something new! Speaking of new Jim bought me a food dehydrator! I am so excited can't wait to dry something in it! Oh one last thing....I bet Pogo is glad to be home! And I will try to ease up on the pictures ;). You know this is kind of like a withdraw. We have been together for 4 weeks and now...ok...ok...I will pull myself together!:) Love you both glad you had a great time!

JillW said...

You are SO cute!!! I did take some photos this evening as Tom took apart the last piece of my kitchen...the counter with the sink in it! I am heating soup right now which we will eat out of paper bowls. Who says I'm not flexible???? It probably would have been valid for me to request take-out, right? ;-)

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

I am all for take out!!! :)