Saturday, June 13, 2009

Never a dull moment...

My how the time does go by. It has been a whole week since I posted, but what a week. Last Saturday we started the demo of the kitchen in preparation for our new countertops. It took until Monday evening before we had removed all the countertops and disconnected all the plumbing. Then the contractor called to say he would not be here at 8:30 as promised, but would be able to be here at noon.

Finally, at 12:30, the two Brians from Contour Countertops arrived and went to work. The results are beautiful, and we couldn't be more pleased. Click on the photo below to see the demo process and installation.

So, we got the new countertops installed. That evening, I reconnected the plumbing, so we were only without water in the kitchen for about 24 hours. The amazing thing is that there were no leaks when I finished...and everything works!! Two days later we were having a potluck in our new kitchen with our Bible study group.

Well, now that the countertops are done, it is on to other projects. Thursday, I shagged enough materials to build a Murphy bed in the study. When all of our kids come home at once, there just aren't enough beds to go around. Yesterday I started the construction, and today I continued. It is coming along very well, and I should have it finished by the time the kids all come home in 2 weeks.

Just to make sure we don't get complacent, we also had my cousin come over and start on the installation of a larger window in our dining room. That project should be finished on Monday, although I will need to do some drywall repairs after I finish the Murphy bed project. So, there won't be any dull moments in our immediate future!

2 comments:

Blessed Beyond Measure said...

wow the counter tops turned out beautiful! you have a beautiful house! how exciting the entire family coming in!

JillW said...

Guyanne,
You are too sweet! We are so enjoying adding some upgrades to our small home. Tom's wall bed will give us 3 beds, which we will definitely be using next week. It is so much easier to stay focused when you have a goal for completion. I know you you are living this idea with your work to get your house ready to market! We are thrilled to be able to have everyone home at the same time. This doesn't happen often!