Sunday, August 2, 2009

These are the times that try men's souls...

Lots has been happening since my last post. Jill did, in fact, fly out for San Diego on Thursday. Fortunately, the flight was at a reasonable time and didn't require arising at zero dark thirty to get to the airport. She got to SD around 1:00 PM, and Tim met her at the airport and took her home.

Laura had been talking like the proverbial Dutch uncle to get the doctor to send her home. She prevailed and was home by Thursday evening. She is on complete bed rest and is not even to be vertical at any time except to use the bathroom. So, Jill has become nurse to Laura and nanny to Josiah, who will be four in just under two weeks.

In the meantime, I have been at home. After I took Jill to the airport on Thursday morning, I took our dear friends the Davises to the airport Thursday evening for a flight to Riverside, CA. Friday I spent with my Mom. We went shopping and she got her hair done. I did a few little projects around her house and we had a fine lunch together.

Saturday, it was back to the airport, this time at zero dark thirty, to deliver our dear friends the McLaughlins for a flight to California. So, by now, the car knows its way to the airport, and I figure the next time someone needs a ride, I will just send the car and stay in bed.

Of course, with Jill in San Diego and Laura in a precarious position with her pregnancy, I canceled the reservation at the RV park in Potlatch on Hood Canal. That was sad for me, not only because I love the Canal, but also because, for the first time, we had actually arranged to meet two other couples at the park and spend some time camping with other people. Oh, well. Perhaps, another time.

So, now it is Sunday afternoon. I had a great time at church (well, as great as I could have without my honey by my side). I mowed the lawn, and in a little while I will go back to Mom's house for our traditional Sunday dinner. I am not sure when the call will come, but when Jill tells me that Laura has gone to the hospital in labor, I will pack up the car and head for San Diego. That could be this week or next or who knows when...

No comments: