Wednesday, January 7, 2009

The important and the not-so-important...

This will be a big week for us. This afternoon we are meeting with a couple to help them work through some marital problems. This ministry is such a blessing to our marriage. We learn something from every couple that we can incorporate into our own marriage to make it stronger and more glorifying to God.

We also are beginning the study of The Truth Project (see the link on the right side of this blog) on Thursday evening in our Bible study. This program was developed by Focus on the Family and is a twelve week study about the Biblical world view. Jill and I took a training class in order to earn the privilege of presenting this material to others, and we are excited to get started. For me the crux of the study is the tag line of the first session: "Do you really believe that what you believe is really real?" The purpose of the study is to arrive at an answer to that question and to the question, "What is truth?"

On a more mundane note, I am in the process of installing a pull-down ladder for access to the garage attic storage area. All was going well, until I realized that the ceiling was not as high as I had thought. That was a problem, because I bought a ladder that is too long for our application. So, the first order of business will be a trip to Home Depot to exchange the ladder for the correct size. The next problem with this project is that it is a two man job to hoist the ladder into position and secure it. Jill has neither the strength nor the inclination to be the second "man." So, I think I will call one of my buddies to come over and help with the installation.

No comments: