Monday, January 12, 2009

Projects


We have been looking for new window treatments for our greatroom. Yesterday, we found something we both love at Bed, Bath and Beyond. Amazingly, they not only had enough panels, but they were on sale! We were looking for something that merely looked nice. These panels are actually lined and will help with insulating the windows, too.

Today we hung them up, and Jill and I couldn't be more pleased with the result. Along with the new furniture arrangement, the drapes give us a whole new look in the living room and dining room.

I also got some help from my friend Mike on Saturday. I had done all the preliminary work, and then Mike and I lifted the attic stairs into place and secured them. What a difference to be able to just pull the ladder down out of the ceiling and have access to the attic storage. I spent the rest of the day arranging the garage and stowing stuff in the attic.

No comments: